Sunday, August 14, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday & Eye Candy

Photo of Taye Diggs snagged from the Internet by Denny S. Bryce

Here we are again, it's Six Sentence Sunday!!!

I've had a great week of writing. Wrote at least a 1000 words a day (okay, it was supposed to be 5,000 for Fast Draft), but it was lots tougher than I ever thought to actually write 5,000 words a day, but I will Fast Draft again! Believe me. What better way to jump start your first draft than a challenge?

I ended up with 25,000 words in two weeks, more than I've ever written ever! My goal is to keep going and will start Fast Draft Part II this Tuesday...see what I do with that!

I will be doing more of the same later this afternoon. In the meantime, I've been cleaning. It's a great way to brainstorm and get some plotting in. Seriously, you've got to have something else on your mind other than cleaning. Right!

Today six sentences...since I dabble in every genre at one time or another. I have a work in progress that doesn't have a title, but it's a YA fantasy about isolation and aliens (yes, those from outer space).

      She was tall for her age, maybe five feet seven inches tall, which in the universe of height wasn't all that tall unless you were a twelve-year old girl. Being so darn gigantic just added another layer to the oddity of being her. Not only was she smarter than everyone she knew, except her Uncle John, she also was taller than any other twelve year old girl on her planet. She wished she could forget about being a kid, especially since her colleagues never thought of her that way. Around them, she was a scientist. They ignored her wire-rimmed glasses, fat black braids and floppy bangs.
 Of course the other exciting thing about Six Sentence Sunday (next week I'm going to sign up for the list:) is the fact that it's also my day to salute men of color. Today's photo is Taye Diggs.

1 comment:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger