Sunday, January 22, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday & Denny's Eye Candy - Week 24




Photos of Sendhil Ramamurthy snagged from the Internet by Denny S. Bryce.

It's Six Sentence Sunday. My six continues with an excerpt from my WIP, The Vampire Lust Club, an urban fantasy. Here the heroine and her partner have some questions for another vampire.  
Leo looked about as uncomfortable as a vampire could look, his back pressed against the unyielding dining room chair, arms locked at the wrist with silver chains. Whitney was in the far corner of the room in her wheelchair, twirling a strand of dark hair so sharply Casey thought she was going to yank it out of her head at the root. Her brown eyes smoldered with hate as she stared at Leo. If she could stand up, she would have put a foot down his throat.
“I have no idea why you’ve done this, but it won’t work,” she said flatly.
“Don’t worry, I have a plan," Casey said, smiling at Leo.

6 comments:

  1. as uncomfortable as a vampire could look - yeah duh - silver chains - they hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Denny, I don't know exactly what's going on, but those sentences immediately put me into the scene. I have to know more. Great draw-in and wonderful Six.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As uncomfortable as a vampire could look was actually a huge hook for me, even though I'm not a vampire girl. I was interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good description, and a great sense of emotion from all of them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great writer-always love reading your six.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I have the feeling this plan is only going to complicate things.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Powered By Blogger